Monday, May 30, 2016

A family of Four

It's been so long since I have blogged, but now that B is here, I wanted to start writing about the fun and cute little things he and H do!  I used to journal a lot before he came, but find that I haven't since he's been here, maybe blogging will be easier! And I figured I had better write B's birth story before I forget!
We'll start with the day before B decided to make his grand entrance! March 5 was Disney's Disney on Ice, and it was Frozen themed.  I bought tickets knowing I'd either already have a newborn, or he'd he here shortly after, but Frozen is H's most favorite thing in this world and I just had to take her!  And take her I did! We went with Grandma Robyn, Aunts, and cousins.  She had the most magical time and loved every minute of it.  She was so disappointed when we had to leave, and kept insisting that we go back for more Frozen.

At this point I had been having Braxton Hicks contractions all week, but was overall feeling pretty good, so I felt fine about going.  We got home a little late by the time we were able to go to dinner and head home.  We got H to bed, I took a shower and then I was out too.  About midnight I woke from some pretty strong contractions, but decided to wait an hour just in case it turned out to be nothing.  By 1 a.m. the contractions were strong and frequent so we called my parents to come get H and got ready to head to the hospital.  By the time my parents arrived, my contractions were 4 minutes apart, so we left H with them, and were on our way!  Driving into Logan, Casey and I got lucky and hit all green lights, which was good because the contractions were getting painful! We got to the Hospital, checked in and then waited for the anesthesiologist to come give me an epidural.  Now many of you know I was very nervous about getting an epidural again, since it went so poorly with the birth of H, but I informed this anesthesiologist and he was wonderful and very careful! Unfortunately it didn't quite work fast enough, and I felt everything below my belly.  I did have to push quite a bit, but labor was fast and within minutes I was holding my sweet baby boy.  Arriving at 4:28 a.m., weighing in at 7 lbs 15 oz, and 20 inches long.  It was such a surprise when he came out with a full head of dark dark hair! I decided not to tell anyone how much hair he had, and let them all be surprised.
By the time I had B, no one even knew I was in labor besides my parents, and we were so excited to send out a text that morning telling everyone to come meet him later that afternoon!
That morning my parents brought H in to meet her brand new baby brother.  She didn't really seem to understand what was happening, but was excited to see me, and I missed my baby girl!

I was nervous about having a little boy, because all I knew was how to have a girl, but I wouldn't trade him for anything, and he has been the most perfect addition to our little family, and H just loves her little brother so much! We love you sweet B!

No comments:

Post a Comment